Tuesday, January 16, 2018

2018

Good evening, gentle readers! And a belated Happy New Year to you all!
So, let's be honest. 2017 was a pretty shit year for a lot of people. There were political upheavals, wars, terrorist incidents, etc. Sometimes, it felt like whoever's supposed to be in charge of the world just walked away from the controls to have a drink and came back sort of drunk.
Yeah, 2017 was not a great year.
So, what's in the cards for 2018? Something better? Something different?
I'm damned if I know. All I know for certain is that, now that the holiday season is over, I'm finally starting to feel a bit Christmassy.
I know.
Awful.
Right?
Right.
But it's the truth.  I'm wandering around my house humming Christmas carols and we're halfway through January. Someone told me I should convert to the Russian Orthodox faith as they celebrate Christmas after December.
Sadly, I'm not sure I can do anything orthodox.
So far, though, 2018 hasn't been bad. Just cold. Too cold. I live in the South, I don't want to hear the word 'snowfall.'  If I wanted that, I'd still be living in Alaska. I wouldn't have come back home.
Also, I'm now a year older. I went walkabout on my birthday. Just got in my car and drove. I had planned to go visit a monastery near me, but that didn't happen. Instead, it turned into an extended car trip which included encounters with people who should probably never ever contemplate having children.  Seriously.
And I'm looking for someone to rent a room in my house. Do I even have to tell you what a freak parade that's turning out to be?  I have very little patience with applicants who don't read my ad on Craigslist. I don't respond to people who send me a one line text from their phone asking for more info from me.
Fuck 'em.
They don't even have the brains to read and comprehend an advertisement then I'm not even going to bother replying to them. Idiots.
Honestly, I don't even want to rent the room out. I'm thinking of putting my place on the market this spring and seeing what I can get for it. That would be harder to do with a renter, cluttering up the joint.
But that's the future, the "undiscovered country." I'm not worrying about the future.
And then there's the writing. Last year, my D&D stuff pretty much devoured this blog. I enjoyed it as it was a steady creative outlet, but it was, literally, all the fucking writing I did. So, this year, I'm trying to branch out a bit and get back into writing an actual story.
We'll see how that goes.
And that's pretty much it for me.
What next?
Your guess is as good as mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment