Monday, March 1, 2021

Gone but not forgotten

There's been no sign of the rodent in 24 hours, so I'm pretty sure he's gone. There aren't a lot of places he could be hiding in my bedroom, unless he's chewed his way into the sofa and is in Stealth mode inside the frame. And I think that's unlikely, because he probably would have emerged some time during the night to look for food or water. And the other doors that lead to the outside, the closet and the bath are all closed. I'm pretty sure he's gone.

But he is not forgotten. My roommate has placed a sinister looking rat trap in my closet. So, if the rodent, or, God forbid, any of his pals appear in there again, they will hopefully come to a fatal end.  

In any event, I slept in the room last night and things seemed normal. However, I didn't sleep all that well. I kept having odd dreams, waking up and going 'Huh?' or 'What the hell is that about?' all night.  As a result, I am a bit tired and grumpy today and my legs ache. I'm not sure what's going on with that.

And now, I'm going to get dressed and get on with my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment