Monday, March 18, 2013

Resuming Normal Service

Hello, gentle readers. Happy Monday! Hopefully, everyone has recovered from their Saint Patrick's Day celebrations.  If not? Congratulations!

As many of you will have noticed the last few weeks my posts here have consisted of a webcomic.  Friends Like These has sort of mirrored my own experiences as a writer, so it's been sort of cathartic. Like Grey I've been struggling with writer's block for a little while now, and, like him, I've gotten a lot of well-meaning advice.  Unlike Grey, however, I have not ventured into the world of funny animal erotica. Well, not yet anyway. Who knows what the future holds?
Producing the webcomic has been interesting.  It's let me be creative without the pressure of producing 1000 words a day.  Actually, I think it's taught me a lot about pacing and concise communication.  Fitting dialogue into those word balloons so it looks halfway decent is NOT easy.
Nevertheless, I think it's time to take a little break from Friends Like These and get back to the usual posts.

I feel a bit recharged now and ready to write.

That said, though, we haven't seen the last of Friends Like These.  I have three other strips already done and waiting to be released at some future date.

Heaven help us.

^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment