Friday, July 5, 2013

Patience

Good evening, gentle readers.
No doubt some of you were wondering why there wasn't a blog update this past Monday.
I could spin an elaborate tale about real life pressures getting in the way, but the fact of the matter is that the well simply ran dry.
I could not think of a single goddamn thing to write.
The problem has persisted all week. None of my usual tricks are working.  Honestly, I can't recall the last time I've been this stymied.
It's irritating as hell, like that itch in the middle of your back you just can't, quite, reach.  And no amount of rubbing against door frames or using the steak fork seems to alleviate it.
So, that's what happened.
That's why there was no update this past Monday.
I'm trying to refill my creative tank, to get my juices going again, but so far nothing is working. The books I'm reading seem dull and listless. Nothing on television grabs me.  I search online for movies to watch and keep coming up with zeroes.
Everything just seems 'bleh.'
Basically, I'm stuck in the doldrums, waiting on a breeze to  push me somewhere.
Anywhere.
So, what's next?
Books. Music. Movies.
And, most important of all, patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment