Monday, May 5, 2014

Home is Where the Hearth Is

Good evening, gentle readers!
I'm sorry that I've been missing in action the last week or so, but I've been taking care of certain domestic issues.
Namely, I've been painting my living room.
When I moved into my townhouse a few months back, I liked most of the rooms except the living room. Why? Because it was painted a godawful shade of brown that just sucked all the life and energy right out of the place.
See?

I was determined at some point to fix that problem, but I haven't been able to get to it until lately. So, for the last week or so, as time permits, I've been prepping the living room walls and deciding on paint colors.
I decided on a nice apple mint green for the wall behind the fire place and a peach-like color called - I kid you not! - shrimp ice for the other three walls.  I finished painting the walls today, and decided that even though I love my wall colors, they make the room feel a little too relaxed.
So, I painted my fireplace.
Voila!

So, now you know why I've been a bit absent lately.  Hope no one was worrying and 'Hello!' to all the folks in China checking out the blog.  I hope you find it entertaining.
What's next?
Hopefully back to the writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment