Monday, November 30, 2015

Smoke Gets In Your Eyes

Good evening, gentle readers.
It's Monday and I am lying here in bed, reading about DEATH.  Or maybe that should be DEATH.
Specifically, I'm reading Smoke Gets In Your Eyes by Caitlin Doughty.  The book is about Ms. Doughty's first six years working in the American funeral industry.
I first discovered Ms. Doughty via YouTube.  She has an interesting channel, mordant and witty, where she does videos ranging from how to deal with the passing of a beloved pet, to the dark questions children have asked her about what happens when we die.
So far, I've found her book both interesting and entertaining.
There are worse ways to spend your Monday evenings.
Trust me.
I know.
What next? DEATH.
But, not like, immediately next.
Just, y'know, at some indefinite point in the far, FAR future.
Hopefully.
^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment