Tuesday, December 8, 2015

To vlog or not to vlog

Hello, gentle readers!
Lately, I've been thinking about starting a vlog on YouTube.  There are a couple of reasons for this: (1) I think it would be fun and (2) there's not really anyone else my age doing videos on YouTube.  The last is really apparent.  I had to hunt for older YouTubers and, to be honest, most of the ones I found were dead boring. A lot of them seemed more interested in using the platform to promote their business or bitch about people younger than them.  Then they were wondering why their numbers weren't going up? 
Hello?
It's the same reason your kids and grandkids don't come around to see you but once a month.
Nobody wants to be lectured at or talked down to or criticized en masse.
Lighten up!
I would probably talk about books or comics or movies. Maybe some random D&D stuff.
And, of course, writing.
Even though I haven't been doing much of that lately.
I could talk about how that makes me depressed, which makes me want to go out and buy a box of Little Debbie Donut Sticks and eat the entire thing in one go.
Which could lead me to talk about food and good nutrition and how I've been on a low-carb diet for the last three months and the twenty something pounds I've lost so far, but how I've now hit the plateau and how I'm thinking it's time to jump off the diet and just dive into a triple-cheese pizza.
I could talk about guilt.
I could talk about love.
I could talk about sex, and then death.
Oooh! Maybe I could do a collab with Caitlin Doughty from Ask a Mortician!
That would be cool.
But even if I did the video thing, I wouldn't abandon this blog.  
Did you know that this will be the 270th entry, I've done here? And that I'm super close to 10,000 hits?
I'm pleased as punch that I've lasted that long and even more pleased to have regular readers.
But do y'all want to see my face? Do I want to show y'all my face?
Anonymity is liberating.
I could do a vlog about that too!
See? The ideas just roll off the tongue at this stage. 
What next? Who knows? 

No comments:

Post a Comment