Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Writing? Eh. Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Good evening, gentle readers.
I hope you've had a good day. Maybe enjoyed some sun.  Had a nice lunch.
It's been unseasonably warm here the last couple of days, not that I've taken advantage of it. I've spent the last two days in bed, trying to write.
Please note my use of the word, 'try.'
Nothing happened.
The screen/page remained blank.
However, I'm hopeful that something will kickstart my creative juices.  The D&D group I play with asked me to run a game later this month and I accepted.  I'm hoping it will be a good way to get some creative energy moving around.
I've already got a story in mind.  It's a bit bare-bones, but I haven't run a game in forever and I want to ease my way back into it.
So, I've taken a break from the attempted writing to do some worldbuilding, come up with some NPCs and enemies and flesh out some alternate routes the story can take.
Knowing the guys I''m playing with, I wouldn't be at all surprised if we wind up on a different plane of existence.  That's just the way this group rolls.
At the very least, it won't be boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment