Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Que sera, sera

Good evening, gentle readers!
Today has been a rough day for yours truly.  
Actually, it's been a rough month.
As I think I mentioned previously, the shop that I work at will be closing down at the end of the year. In anticipation of that event, I've been putting out feelers, trying to get a job lined up for the new year.
Initially, I had some strong possibilities, but they didn't amount to anything. Then, last month, I was advised to apply at a regional insurance agency.
I sort of shrugged my shoulders and put in an application. I was pleasantly surprised to get a telephone interview with their HR Department. Later, still, I was invited to their office for a face-to-face interview with one of their managers. It lasted about 45 minutes and I thought it went pretty well, even though I had to scramble at the last moment to find something "businesslike."
That was about a week ago. 
I thought I had the job nailed down, but then I got a call from their HR Department advising me that they had gone with someone else.
I was somewhat disappointed, but not as much as I probably should have been. It would have been a nice job, with some nice benefits, but I'm not sure I'm cut out for that whole nine to five gig.  I'm not a morning person and I hate the idea of having to wear a tie.
I keep joking that I'm going to get a real phone and just Uber for a while, but now I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't dismiss it.  But then I think about having complete strangers in my car and I just go, "No."
Still, you can't sit on your ass, and expect the world to hand you a golden ring.
That's why I just applied at another place.
What next?
I don't know.
Let's find out together.

No comments:

Post a Comment