Saturday, January 7, 2017

Happy Belated New Years

Good evening, gentle readers!
Please forgive my absence, but it's been an 'interesting' couple of weeks for yours' truly.
'Interesting' in the sense of the Chinese curse, "May you live in interesting times."
First things first.
I'm unemployed.
The comic shop I've been working at for the last few years shut its doors this past December. It was a sad time. I really enjoyed that job. Comics have been a passion of mine for years and it was a lot of fun to work somewhere where I could indulge that passion and 'geek out' with the customers.
And, of course, the end of 2016 was a godsend.
The whole year wasn't bad.
Just the last quarter.
I'm glad to see the end of it, and so were a lot of you, I imagine.
2017 is still new, it still has that new car, minty fresh smell to it. Let's hope it doesn't go pear-shaped on us. *fingers crossed*
Being unemployed sort of sucks.
I've applied for unemployment benefits, but it will take a while before I know if I'm eligible. In the meantime, I'm having to jump through hoops to accommodate the governing agency. Honestly? I'm thinking of saying fuck it and just roughing it out on my own.
I have been pro-active with employment. In the last week, I think I've applied for about twelve jobs? Maybe more? I'm not sure. I've also registered with a temp agency (something I haven't done in years), and am considering registering with a few more.
So, hopefully something will open up for me soon and I can get back to work.
If anyone wants to help out, feel free to go to Amazon and buy a copy of an e-book or something. I'd appreciate it.
Speaking of books, I'm starting to write again. Well, to do research at any rate, for a future story. The past year, I've mostly been content to experiment with poetry, particularly the haiku form.  But now I feel like I want to sink my teeth into something meatier.
So, *fingers crossed* lets hope I manage to produce something readable in the near future.
I hope all of you had a happy new year's celebration and that 2017 isn't pissing all over you.
What's next? 
Hopefully a job. Or a decent story.

No comments:

Post a Comment