Tuesday, October 9, 2012

In Sickness and In Health

Good morning, ladies and gentlemen.

Please forgive the lateness of this week’s posting, but I’m afraid that I have been ill. Nothing serious, just a very bad cold. So, for the last few days I have been languishing in bed, beneath a mountain of quilts, under the influence of various and sundry medications.

I’m still not back 100 percent, but feel much better than I did.

And, sick as I was, it didn’t stop me from promoting my latest short story this past weekend on Amazon. In the end I was very pleased with the results. My short story, The Passing of the World, climbed to #16 on the Top 100 Free Short Story List and #89 on the Top 100 Free Fantasy List.

Not a bad accomplishment for someone who was stuck in bed.

But then, I do most of my best work in bed.

Ahem.

In any event, I’m still a bit sick. I have a cough that does not want to go away. It haunts my throat. The state of my nose is beyond polite description.

Still, I endure.

As to whether or not I will be able to write today? Who knows? I shall try but I’m not holding out much hope. All I really want to do is crawl back into bed and watch bad daytime television.

Right now, though, I’m off to take a long, hot shower.

Enjoy your day, gentle readers, and be grateful for your health.

You never miss it until it’s gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment