Monday, October 29, 2012

Hope

Good morning, gentle readers. Welcome to another Monday, here on the blog.

I cannot speak for anyone else, but October has been an unpleasant month for me. I’ve been ill. First with a very bad cold that continues to linger and then, on top of that, I somehow managed to pull something in my back leaving me with twinges and muscle aches. At the moment, as I sit here typing this, I am smeared with Ben-Gay, sucking on a cough drop, and have a Heat-Wrap secured around my left arm.

Somehow, in the space of twenty-nine days, ladies and gentlemen, I have degenerated into an old man.

I feel a bit like October has betrayed me this year. Usually, I’m in fine fettle, but this month? Aches and pains, unexpected financial expenditures, a run of unpleasant if not exactly bad luck. I am half-tempted to go out and get a rabbit’s foot.

I feel a bit traitorous admitting this, but I think I shall be glad when October is gone this year. This year, she’s been a bit of a bad house guest.

Still, as her time draws to a close, she seems to be gentling a bit. Just a bit. Enough to remind me why, muscle aches and coughs aside, I do love this time of year.

And, I’m not sure, but as grim November approaches, it feels like the scales are trying to balance. It feels like things are returning to some semblance of normal. Knock wood.

We can only hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment