Monday, November 11, 2013

Heat

Good morning, gentle readers.

I’m sitting at the island in my kitchen, listening as my contractors work to install my new heat system. At the moment, ladies and gentlemen, I can think of no sweeter words than ‘new heat system.’

I am not a wimp. At least, I don’t think I am. However, after over a decade of living in Alaska, I can honestly say that I am not overly fond of the cold.

Snow?

You can keep it.

Ice?

Don’t wanna see it.

Arctic temperatures?

They need to stay in the bloody arctic.

I want heat. Tropical warmth. I want a house so hot I can grow orchids in the kitchen sink. When people walk through my front door, I want them to think they’ve stepped into summer.

Tonight, once the system is installed, I plan on setting my thermostat to eighty. I’m going to get this house HOT.

Tomorrow, I’ll think about my electric bill.

Tonight? Tonight, I’m going to sweat.

No comments:

Post a Comment