Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Perspective

A little while ago I thought I was having a bad day.
I tore the sole off my shoe, got stuck in bumper-to-bumper traffic, had a flat tire.
Then, I heard that a friend of mine was getting divorced.
My friend's bad day put mine into perspective.  What I had had were inconveniences. Little bumps in life that we all hit.  I was not having a bad day. My friend was.
In all honesty, I can't say that I've had too many 'bad' days.  Most of my days are actually pretty good. I've got a job I like, good friends, a warm roof over my head and more than enough to eat.
My life is actually pretty freakin' good.
I'm betting that yours is too.
So, the next time you think you're having a bad day, take a good hard look at what's happening to you and what's happening to the people around you and ask yourself, "Am I really having a bad day?"

No comments:

Post a Comment