Monday, June 15, 2015

Elsa of Arendelle was right.

Good afternoon, gentle readers!

I hope, wherever you are, that it's reasonably comfortable, because it's hot as blazes here. 

As I write this, I'm sitting on my living room floor, with a box fan blowing on me.  Outside, it's about a hundred degrees.  The rest of this week is supposed to be just as hot. 

But I'm not here to talk about the weather.

No, ladies and gentlemen, I'm here to talk about writing.  And the fact that, the other night, I spent about THREE HOURS rewriting the same scene.

Now, gentle readers, I'm all for perseverance.  However, there comes a point where you just have to throw up your hands and admit defeat.  You just have to write the scene, let it be, and move on to the next one.

Because if you don't?  You'll make yourself crazy.

Don't go crazy, gentle readers.  We have enough reality television stars and politicians already.  The world doesn't need any more.

To quote a certain Disney movie: "Let it go."

No comments:

Post a Comment