Monday, June 1, 2015

Healthy Writer

Good afternoon, gentle readers.
It's a moist, warm day here at my home and, from the vantage of my living room sofa, I can see the rain starting to fall.
At the moment, I am eating a bag of roasted unsalted peanuts.  Actually, I've been eating this particular bag of peanuts for the last three days.  I just can't seem to finish it, probably because, to me, it tastes a bit bland.
For June, I have decided to get healthy. Or healthier.
So, for the month, I will be making some dietary changes. Mainly, I'm going to be cutting back on my fat intake. I was looking at some of the stuff I've been eating over the last couple of months and I'm really not surprised that I've put on a little weight.  A diet consisting largely of hot dogs and breaded chicken nuggets will do that to a person.
So, for June, I shall be eating healthier.
Actually, I shouldn't be eating these peanuts.  They're not actually on the diet plan I'm following, but I refuse to throw out perfectly good food.  There are, after all, people going hungry all over the world.
In brief, I shall be cutting back on the meats and trying to eat more veggies, fruits and low-fat foods. I thought about giving up soda as well, but, for the sake of innocent lives everywhere, I've decided not even to bother.
Very, very briefly, I considered going vegetarian for the month. However, the sheer volume of food I'd have to consume to maintain a healthy calorie level was daunting.  Also, eating vegetarian is surprisingly expensive if you don't have a garden or something.
So, wish me luck, gentle readers, and, if a lot of posts are food-related this month, now you know why.
What next?
Lunch! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment