Tuesday, June 30, 2015

What am I working on?

Greeting, gentle readers!
Welcome to another installment of the blog!
Have I used enough exclamation points?
LOL.
Recently, a friend asked me, "What have you been writing, George?"
My reply? "Everything except what I need to be writing."
I feel like I need to finish the sequel to Dawnwind: Last Man Standing, even though I'm two years late with it already. And I have been poking at it, but my enthusiasm for the project is pretty much nil these days.
Instead, I've found myself working on another story.  It's not a direct sequel to The Marvelous Land of Ap, but it's set in that same world. I keep rewriting the opening scene, much to my irritation.
About two months ago, I returned to the world of tabletop gaming and that has been a source of surprising inspiration for me. Five years ago, my first foray into publishing was a generic source book for a superhero-ish setting called Winter City: City of Marvels.  It was the first thing I ever put out online and the first thing that I ever really sold.
Since I started gaming again, I have the urge to produce another generic sourcebook.  Something fantastic, but not so generic as Dungeons & Dragons or Pathfinder.  I was think of a post-apocalyptic fantasy.  Something in the vein of Thundarr the Barbarian, only darker.  Or maybe something more akin to Michael Moorecock's Elric books, a high fantasy setting with gods of chaos and order duking it out through mortal agents. That could be interesting.
And that's where I'm at right now.
What's next?
Who knows? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment