Monday, December 14, 2015

Bah! Humbug!

Good afternoon, gentle readers.
It's that time of year again.  The time of holiday madness, crazed shopping, traffic jams outside of malls and neverending 'festive' tunes in stores and on the radio.
Yes, that's right.
The holidays have arrived.
Personally, I can't wait for them to leave.
I don't have much Christmas spirit this year.  I haven't decorated anything and, the other day, I walked into a department store playing ear-splitting Christmas carols and immediately left.
I just could not deal with it.
At this rate, I don't think I'll be feeling good will toward my fellow man until February.
Forget about writing.
It's not going to happen this month.
I've got taxes to pay and a leaky tub to fix and a bedroom to try and rent to someone halfway decent.
I'm pretty much ready for December to end, to roll up its relentless cheer and just fuck off.
What's next?
A lie down, a couple of aspirin and a prayer to whatever Yuletide deities might be listening for a season without any new surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment