Wednesday, May 4, 2016

20 Questions

Hello, gentle readers! Sorry for being a day late, but life happens. Anywho, here's twenty questions from the Internet. Let's get to know each other, okay?

What's a ridiculous nickname you've had?
For a brief time, in the days of my misspent youth, my friends referred to me as 'Wicked.'  That's all I'm saying.

Why do you write a blog?
I've been blogging for over ten years. I was on Livejournal for the longest time, then popped over to Blogger. I'm resisting efforts to move me to Writepad or some other site. Two moves is enough.

Have your reasons for blogging changed?
Overall, I'd have to say 'No.' I started blogging as a way to keep in contact with friends. Since I lept into the world of self-publishing, I'd like to say I use the blog as a serious promotional tool. But, honestly? I just like writing stuff and putting it online.

Where do you like to be when you are writing?
Home, in bed, with the box fan blowing right on me. That's my sweet spot. :)

Peanut butter & ______.
Ham.

What does your writing process look like?
Me, glaring at the screen of my laptop, gnashing my teeth as I decide that everything I've just written is crap. CRAP, I TELL YOU!

What keeps you up at night?
Nothing, really. I'm pretty chill. One person of my acquaintance described me as 'Zen.' I don't generally fuss over things I can't control and I don't worry about the stuff I can control.

What was your last online purchase? Did you hide it from anyone?
My last online purchase was the 30th Anniversary Edition Reprint of Dungeons & Dragons 3rd Edition. And no, I didn't hide it from anyone.

What do you honestly think of elastic wastebands.
They should be fucking mandatory.

What blogs or magazines do you love to read? Why?
There are a couple of interesting blogs that I follow. Eyes on London is a great photoblog exploring London. I also read Jillian Venters, George R.R. Martin, Neil Gaiman and Amanda Palmer, amongst others because they have interesting worldviews and are talented creatives. I need more people like that in my life.

What is your favorite way to express your creativity?
Writing, obviously. Followed closely by photoshop. If I can't do one, I can always do the other.

DSLR or iPhone?
Neither. I have a cheap ass, pay-as-you-go phone.

How do you feel about the semicolon? Do you have any feelings about punctuation marks, in general?
I probably use the semicolon more than I should. As for other punction marks, I don't have feelings for or against them. They're just there. Like Gibraltar.

What is a skill you really want to learn?
I have always wanted to take voice lessons, but have never taken them.

Do you use a planner or journal to keep your life from derailing? What kind?
No. My life isn't that complicated. Get up. Save the world. Watch Netflix. Go to sleep. Repeat.

What does your dream Sunday look like?
I'm not working. I'm home, tucked up in bed, writing and actually producing something. *gasp!*

Do you have a full-time business or a side hustle?
Nope and nope.

Coffee or tea?
Tea. Green. With honey and ginseng, please.

What is your favorite outfit?
Terrycloth shorts and a t-shirt.

What scares you?
The thought that one day I might be homeless, penniless and living on the street as a bag person.

Cats or dogs?
Cats. Definitely.

So, there you have it. Got any other questions you want answered, just leave your questions in the comments.
What's next? You tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment