Monday, May 30, 2016

X-Men: Apocalypse

I grew up reading the X-Men comics, so when Fox announced they were doing a movie, I was excited.  Sadly, the franchise that the X-films have become no longer elicit excitement; instead, they made me wince.  Sometimes, I even cringed.
The latest movie, X-Men: Apocalypse, just makes me sigh.
The movie is dull and ponderous. There is no real sense of excitement or anticipation. It never really feels like the cast engages with their characters, or their audience.
As for Apocalypse?  He’s a stock villain with an end-the-world plan and a plethora of super-powers that just make him feel like a cliche.
On a scale of one to five, I would give X-Men: Apocalypse a three.  It’s not a bad movie, but it’s not that good either.  Honestly, I felt like I was watching a better quality Syfy Channel movie than a cinematic release.

No comments:

Post a Comment