Monday, September 3, 2012

I go nuts!

Hello, gentle readers!
I hope everyone is having a great Monday. Here in the U.S. it’s a holiday so a lot of people have the day off.
I have decided to join them.
Today I am not going to write for ‘work’ but for my own pleasure. I think this is an important thing for writers to do.
Even though I love writing, I must admit that some days it can be a slog. This may come as a surprise to some, who think that writing is an easy vocation.
It isn’t.
Lord knows it isn’t.
It’s my job.
Granted, it’s the best job that I have ever had, but it’s still a job. Every day I have to work on the story. At the moment, I’ve got two in progress. The sequel to Dawnwind: Last Man Standing and The Other Story.
I’m still looking for a name for The Other Story. I thought I had one, but it turns out it’s already been used by the excellent Susan Cooper. So, until one presents itself, it is simply The Other Story. Much the way I refer to the follow-up to Dawnwind as The Sequel.
But the point is, I work on those stories every day. I have an eight-hour work day just like the lady at the bank and the guy at the insurance company. Just like most of you, gentle readers.
No matter how much you may love what you do, it’s sometimes good to get away from it. To take a kind of psychic vacation and just go nuts.
That’s what I’m going to do today.
I am going to have fun.
I’m going to put my fingers on the keyboard and just go nuts.
So, until next time, ladies and gentlemen, I hope you have a wonderful day.

p.s. I’ve noticed that I’m getting a fair amount of site traffic from Russia. So just let me take a moment to say, "Hello, lovely Russian people! Welcome to my blog and thanks for visiting!"

No comments:

Post a Comment