Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Thoughts on Death

Death is not proud.
Death does not hesitate because the ground is muddy or the weather is bad.
Death, like the mail, serves in all weathers and climes and circumstances.
Death is not cruel.
Death is not kind.
Death just is.
Death is the door that we all must walk through some day.
Death is the partner we all must dance with at the end of the evening.
Death is waiting for us all, at the crossroads, to take our arm and show us the way.
Death doesn't frighten me, not really, because I believe there is something beyond this Life.
Dying frightens me, sometimes, and I hope my passing is not filled with pain or confusion.
I hope that, when I die, I slip gently from this existence into the other, passing with a sigh and not a whimper.
And when I do, Death will be there, and we'll link our arms, perhaps, and wander down a midnight road into a moonlit garden, where all my loved ones wait for me.
And I will be at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment