Monday, February 22, 2021

Books & Movies & Writing, oh my!

 I slept in today and it was nice. Because when I finally got up, the sky was gray and it was drizzling rain. Again. 

I am so tired of rain.

Thank heavens it eventually cleared up and the sun came out. It was the sun that drew me out of the house and along the streets, to one of the few bookstores left in my city. There, I bought a copy of Nomadland, the book that the recent movie is based upon. I tried watching the movie, mainly because I think Frances McDormand is an excellent actress, but found it far too slow and boring. I'm hoping that the book will be more engaging.

And, speaking of book, I have the urge to write something for the first time in ages. I've had incomplete works flitting about my head for a while, but I feel like I can maybe get something short down on paper. (Well, on screen. I haven't written anything on paper since my old electric typewriter packed it in, ages and ages ago.) So, I may have something new showing up on my Amazon Page in the future. *fingers crossed*


No comments:

Post a Comment