Monday, February 1, 2021

Making the best of what I've got.

Today is Candlemass. 
Or Imbolc. 
Or St. Brigid's Day. 
Or the Presentation of Jesus at the Temple.
Or the Festival of Torches.
Whatever you want to call it.
At the moment, we're in a liminal space, the dreamtime between the Winter Solstice and the Spring Equinox. 
Once upon a time, people would use the weather on this day to predict the coming of spring. If the day was clear and sunny, winter would linger. However, if the day was overcast and rainy, it meant that spring was on the way.
If that's the case, then spring is definitely on the way for me.  It's been pissing down rain here all day. The back yard is drenched.
No worries, though. I have sequestered myself in my bedroom with a bottle of Italian sparkling wine, some lit candles, fragrant incense and good music.
So, even if the weather outside is crappy, the environment inside is quite lovely.
I'm making the best of what I've got.
I suppose there are worse lessons to take away from this particular day.

No comments:

Post a Comment