Saturday, February 6, 2021

Getting Older is Weird

Getting older is weird.
Last night it was 34 degrees outside. Rainy. Windy.
Inside, I was sweating beneath my blankets, tossing and turning, unable to get comfortable.
Apparently, I have reached that stage of life where my body temperature becomes somewhat erratic. It is most irritating at night, as I'm trying to sleep.
I've learned to go to bed wearing layers. And if I get hot, I take something off until I'm comfy.
Of course, inevitably, I get chilly but I don't put layers back on. I refuse to do that. Don't ask me why. Call it willfullness or capriciousness on my part. I don't know. But instead of putting clothes back on, I'll just huddle beneath the blankets until I go back to sleep.
Getting older is weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment