Friday, September 30, 2016

Odekor - Day 30

Thirty Days of Odekor

You would think that after writing about Odekor for thirty days, this final entry would come as a relief.
You’d be partially right.
I am looking forward to putting aside Odekor and focusing my attention on other things.  That said, I can’t say I haven’t enjoyed myself building this world. It was challenging, creating a world where the traditional fantasy races are not the dominant ones. If I had to change anything about them, it would be the troglodyte stench trait; I would have made it a voluntary ability, turned off and on by a bonus action. Other than that, I’m pretty happy with the way the races came out.
I hope I managed to project the feel of the campaign world. Broken and bruised, shell shocked and suffering, but still defiant.  The survivors slowly gathering, thumbing their noses at gods and prophecies, and getting on with the business of living.
I hope I managed to shake a few expectations and, maybe, made some people reconsider the so-called monstrous races.
Is Odekor done?
Oh yes.
At least, for a while.
But I might come back to it at some point.
It’s a Crooked World, but that’s what makes it so intriguing.
Anyway, I hope that those of you who were checking out the blog-a-thon this month got some entertainment out of it.
Odekor is done for the time being.
What’s next?
Wait and see. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment